Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. (May 15, 2023) – Cloverland Cares, the nonprofit foundation of Cloverland Electric Cooperative, excitedly announces seven spring 2023 scholarship recipients. Applicants were evaluated based on an essay, financial need, school involvement, community service and work experience, educational and career goals, plus supporting letters of recommendation.
“We wish our recipients the best of luck as they pursue future career and educational endeavors,” said Cloverland Electric’s President and CEO, Mike Heise. “We are grateful for the cooperative partners and Cloverland members who donate to Cloverland Cares by rounding up on their utility bill – making these scholarships possible for our local students.”
Cloverland Cares scholarships are available to high school seniors or those returning to school to complete a degree or change careers.
Eligible schools include Lake Superior State University, Bay Mills Community College, Les Cheneaux Culinary School, Great Lakes Boat Building School and utility tech programs offered at Alpena Community College, Lansing Community College and Northern Michigan University.
Spring 2023 Cloverland Cares Scholarship Winners:
Utility Tech Programs:
- Derrek Clark, Alpena Community College
- Parker Richwine, Northern Michigan University
- Caden Awbrey, Alpena Community College
EUP Area Schools
- Stephanie Gervais, Lake Superior State University – pre-medicine
- Brianna Petersen Lake Superior State University – early childhood education
- Elijah Leavell, Les Cheneaux Culinary School
- Margaret Jentoft, Lake Superior State University – pre-veterinary medicine